The domain is located at the south of the village of Allex. The sanctuary is dedicated to Saint Joseph. At the origine of the castle there was and ancient fortified monastery with, on its first flor, a wooden manor.
It was in 1773 that the marquis de la Chaux (un ally to La Tour du Pin) replaced the manor, preferring three storeys in Italian renaissance style.
René La Tour du Pin sold the property to M. Bontoux, a friend to François- Jospeh and Elisabeth (alias Sissi) of Austria. This relationship explains the gifts of several pieces of Art. At M Bontoux’s decease in 1913, M Pierre Girardon, a friend of M Hyacinte de Gaillard - Bancel, became the new owner.
It was through the intermediary of M Hyacinte de Gaillard- Bancel, that the domain was given to the congregation of the Holy Spirit and of the sacred Heart of Mary.